The Ralph I. Goldman Fellowship in Global Jewish Leadership (RIG) is the Joint Distribution Committee’s (JDC) premier leadership opportunity, awarded to one person annually, for young thinkers and doers — policy makers, writers, business innovators, artists, and community builders. The Fellowship enriches a rising leader through direct exposure to local communities around the world and key challenges confronting the Jewish people. Fellows plan their year alongside senior JDC staff, identifying and designing 2-3 unique overseas placements shaped by their skills, interests and the critical needs of communities abroad. This is a paid, professional opportunity for an exceptional young leader who is committed to impacting the global Jewish world. RIG Fellows receive a stipend and generous benefits.
- Professional achievement in the candidate’s chosen career
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Strong interest in international Jewish affairs and public service
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) is a plus but not a requirement
- Formal and/or informal Jewish education is a plus but not a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree and proven academic excellence. Master’s degree a plus but not a requirement.
Application deadline: May 31, 2016